This is how we work – Honka’s ethical principles
These ethical principles apply to all Honka employees regardless of their task or form of employment. These principles also apply to our partners.
The Honka spirit, formed through decades of experience and hard work, is an important part of Honka’s work community – it is important for us to nurture and strengthen it. For us, the Honka spirit means working decisively towards a common goal, being co-operative and supporting each other. Our ethical principles guide our actions in concrete terms along the path set out by Honka’s values.
The values of Honkarakenne are passion, caring and courage.
- Passion: We are passionate about everything we do. We genuinely want to offer our customers a solution that improves their quality of life and living, individually adapted to their lifestyle.
- Caring: We genuinely care about our customers, employees and other stakeholders. Everything we do is based on promoting well-being and a good quality of life. We help each other succeed, because every piece of our chain matters.
- Courage: our industry. We have done many things first and will continue to do so in the future. The world changes and we change the world.
As we face challenges in our daily work, we remember that compliance with the law and responsible and ethical behaviour are the cornerstones of our business and our success. The ethical principles encapsulate how we act every day to gain and maintain the trust of each other and our customers.
We have eight key ethical principles:
- Working together constructively
- We act transparently and honestly without compromising confidentiality
- It’s healthy and safe to work at Honka
- We act fairly
- We take responsibility for our work
- We pay attention to the environmental impact
- We avoid conflicts of interest, compete fairly – bribery and corruption are strictly
- We choose our partners carefully
Honka First Whistle -reporting channel
We use the whistleblowing First Whistle – reporting channel, where our employees and external stakeholders can file a notification if they suspect or observe behavior that violates Honka’s ethical principles. With the reporting channel, we promote transparency and openness in our organization.READ MORE